Short on the Down Payment for a Bozeman Home?
Buying Your Bozeman Home With Zero Down.
1. Ask lenders and your Bozeman realtor about zero-down lending programs.
The USDA may have zero-down home mortgage loans available. Search for mortgages online or through your local mortgage brokers or your personal bank. Call banks and mortgage companies listed in the yellow pages and ask about options. Ask your Bozeman real estate agent for referrals to lending institutions.
2. Maintain a good credit rating. Improve your credit.
Zero-down / No money down loans typically require a satisfactory credit history. Get a copy of your credit report and check for inaccuracies. Resolve any credit problems as soon as possible.
3. Talk to your state or county’s housing department about lending programs.
South-west and South-central Montana counties include, Broadwater, Gallatin, Park, Jefferson, Madison, Meagher, Wheatland, Sweetgrass, Stillwater. There may be federal or locally-backed financing programs with a zero-down option in whatever county you live; find out!
4. Check with your employer about financial assistance.
In some fields, like teaching or law enforcement, professional organizations offer financial assistance for home purchases.
5. Ask your agent to discuss financing through the owners of the home you want to buy.
Are the present owners willing to carry the loan? Sometimes, if you commit to pay more than the asking price, or pay a higher interest rate, sellers carrying the loan won’t require a down payment. It does no harm to simply ask.
BOZEMAN REAL ESTATE REPORTS
Taunya Fagan Bozeman Real Estate @ ESTATE House, 3960 Valley Commons Drive, Suite 1, Bozeman, MT 59718 – Call or Text 406.579.9683