Southwest Montana Ski Resorts – Bozeman Cross Country Skiing Trails – Bozeman and Big Sky Ski Areas: Bridger Bowl, Big Sky Resort, Moonlight Basin, Yellowstone Club, Spanish Peaks Mountain Club – Montana Ski Resort Real Estate
2016 Montana Alpine Skiing, Snow Boarding, Nordic Trails, Webcams, Maps
Learn More About Bridger Bowl Ski Area
Bridger Bowl is a private, nonprofit community ski area with no owners. Consequently, all proceeds are reinvested into the area to cover operational expenses and improvements.
Because there are no owners or shareholders to compensate, Bridger Bowl can afford to offer low-cost tickets for high-quality skiing and snowboarding. And after skiing this premiere non-profit Montana ski area, visit Bozeman, Montana for a host of other Montana winter-time activities. Learn about Bridger’s World Record Snowfall in 2003.
For More About Big Sky Ski Resort
Considered one of America’s top ten ski resorts–and one of the favorite Montana ski resorts–the modern lifts of Montana’s Big Sky Resort transport skiers and snowboarders up the slopes of regal Lone Mountain, Andesite Mountain, and Flat Iron Mountain for up to 4,350 vertical feet of descent.
Learn to ski at Big Sky Resort’s world-class ski school or simply enjoy all the other winter opportunities Big Sky, MT has to offer.
Discover Moonlight Basin Ski Area (Now part of Big Sky Resort)
Moonlight Basin Ski Resort is on the north face of Lone Mountain and opened in December 2003 after careful, environmentally sensitive planning and development.
Moonlight Basin has quickly gained a reputation as a first-class, year-round destination, Montana snowboarding and ski resort.
Bozeman Cross Country Skiing, Nordic and Back Country Montana Skiing – Check the Bozeman Grooming Report from Bridger Ski Foundation
All About Bohart Ranch Cross Country Ski Center
Next door to Bridger Bowl you’ll find Bohart Ranch Cross Country Ski Center, just 16 miles northeast of Bozeman, Montana in Bridger Canyon. Bohart Ranch is also 90 miles north of Yellowstone National Park. Bohart Ranch offers some of the highest quality Nordic skiing in the United States.
Bohart Ranch has a 27 km scenic trail system, on both private and US Forest Service (USFS) lands, which winds through terrain well-suited to all skiing abilities. The trails are professionally groomed for both classic cross country skiing and skate skiing. And in the summer bring your mountain bike because Bohart has excellent mountain biking and hosts the Bohart Bash, a national mountain bike race.
Bozeman Nordic Skiing: Cross-Country and Skate Skiing (trail maps below)
- To access both trail systems at Highland Glen and Lindley Park Nordic Ski Trails, just NE of Bozeman Deaconess Hospital, park at the Ellis St. Softball Complex, at the corner of Highland Blvd and Ellis St. (intersection map) (no dogs)
- Bridger Creek Golf Course Cross-Country Ski Trails, SE of Bozeman, is flat with one portion of uphill climbing if you choose (map) (no dogs).
- Bozeman Creek/Sourdough Canyon Skiing: Mostly uphill from the start and therefore downhill when returning, the Bozeman Creek/Sourdough Canyon trails are ~9 miles south of Bozeman, offering long, 20+ miles of skiing and connecting to the Hyalite ski trails. (intersection map)
- Hyalite Lake/Canyon Cross-Country Ski Trails, groomed by both the Bridger Ski Foundation (10%) and the United States Forest Service (90%), is ensconced in the Gallatin Mountains and offers a significant cross-country ski trail system, which connects with the Sourdough Canyon-Bozeman Creek trail system. (intersection map)
- In 2016, Sacajawea Middle School cross-country skiing pilot program continues, offering track setting and grooming for skate and classic skiers when school is NOT in session.
Bozeman Nordic Ski Trail Maps: Cross-Country and Skate Skiing Trail Systems in Bozeman
Taunya Fagan, Pure West Christie’s, Bozeman Real Estate, 1612 W. Main Street, Bozeman, Montana 59715 – Christie’s Luxury Homes Specialist, giving you the advantage… REALTOR®, ABR, CRS, GRI
All information contained herein is derived from sources deemed reliable, however, information is not guaranteed by Christies, Managing Broker, Taunya Fagan or other Agents or Sellers. Offering is subject to error, omissions, prior sales, price change or withdrawal without notice and approval of purchase by Seller. We urge independent verification of each and every item submitted, to the satisfaction of any prospective purchaser. Equal Housing Opportunity.